Do you know meaning of Engrave ? Design a print on the surface
Around year 1833 where Queen Victoria coins are designed by William wyon .
Few others are
1) Kasinath Dass (1 Rupee silver coin, quarter anna)
- His skills were impressed by minting committee and appointed him Die cutter and copper plate engraver
- His salary was fixed at Rs 300 a month
- He has primarily done for 1 Rupee silver Queen victoria, quarter anna
2) Robert saunders and Flaxman (1,2 Mohur coins)
- Incuse F stands for his work
3) William wyon (Queen victoria,King william coins )
- Highly rated and skilled ,impressed by most of the people
- 1861 to 1851 period
- He has done portrait representations of not only queen victoria, but also George 1V,William IV
- Leonard Charles Wyon is son of William wyon who continued to work after his retirement.
- Infact victoria queen made sittings with him to design her portrait .
4) George William De Saulles (King Edward coins)
- After Leonard charles death, Wyon De Saulles
- He married in June 1884 to Myra Hill but had no children
- He is special in Medal works between 1894 -1903 year with 30 medals
- He has signatureas 'DES' .on coins and medal
5) A.P Spencer ( George VI)
- Calcutta Mint engraver
- George V coin was prepared by Mr. Percy Brown and he adopted
- He prepared designs for 2 Annas, 1 Anna, 1/2 Anna coin of copper nickel
But today i guess every thing is automated with advanced machinery and its a cake walk to print on new edition coins.